Where we came from
Blairgowrie Evangelical Church is an independent evangelical church located in Blairgowrie, Perthshire. The church's roots are in a small Brethren church that was formed in 1969 in a hall in Reform Street. In 1989 after 20 years in Reform Street the moved to the current building in Kirk Wynd, which dates back to 1901. In 2011 we became part of the FIEC and are excited about what God is doing at present and what he has in store for us and Blairgowrie in the future.
Our hearts' desire is to know Christ and make him known. We believe he has put us in Blairgowrie to grow as a thriving family-friendly church that is investing into, and impacting, our local community. Our vision is to allow God to put deep roots into each other's lives as we seek to make disciples and grow into mature Christians, able to disciple others and serve the church. We desire to have a friendly, welcoming and relaxed style that makes new people and those outside the church feel at home.
The church is led by three elders, Derek Johnston (Pastor), Iain Henderson and David Rendall. Derek joined us in August 2016 after several years of ministry in Suffolk. Derek is part of the FIEC Pastor's Network and is married to Gillian and has three children.
We also have three Deacons, Dawn, Dion and Josh that are responsible for some of the practical aspects of running the church.